The City of St. Marys is furnished with electricity from a municipally owned electric distribution system originally established in 1892. Today, this system is supplemented by the City's own combustion turbine generator (CTG) and a CTG owned by a joint venture of several municipalities, administered by AMP. Normally, both generators are operated only during emergency conditions. The City of St. Marys obtains fuel oil through purchases on the open market.
|St. Marys CTG #7 (Fired with fuel oil)||1992||14,000 KW|
|OMEGA JV-2 CTG GE-11 (Fired with natural gas)||2000||11,000 KW|