REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
The City of St. Marys and collaborative partners are requesting qualification statements from professional grant-writing planning-engineering-architectural design firms to perform necessary functions required for the community and economic development process, including assistance with grant writing, study/analysis, the preparation of funding applications, administration of programs once funded, and architectural and/or engineering work required for multi-use trail design and other infrastructure or design improvements resulting from the funding. This work is in connection with the Local Government Innovation Fund (LGIF) and other State and Federal programs.
This notice shall serve as our Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for planning-engineering-architectural design firms. Responses to this RFQ will be used to select a qualified firm(s) to perform the required work as needed by the City of St. Marys.
Selection of a firm or firms will proceed in the following manner:
1. The City of St. Marys will review and evaluate the statements of qualifications filed. Evaluation criteria include, but are not limited to:
a. Specialized experience or technical expertise of the firm and its personnel in connection with LGIF and other funding programs, and all related requirements.
b. Past record of performance on contracts including quality of work, timeliness, and cost control.
c. Capacity of the firm to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current and planned workload of the firm.
d. Familiarity of the firm with revitalization/economic development projects and the type of problems applicable to the project.
e. Familiarity and experience with the city of St. Marys and its collaborative partners and communities of similar size and project scope.
2. Negotiations will begin with the top candidate(s) selected. If negotiations are not successful, the process will begin again with the candidate rated second and so on.
3. Upon completion of successful negotiations, a contract or contracts will be executed with the City of St. Marys.
Interested firms should provide the City of St. Marys with the following information:
1. Proposed management and staffing; and individuals who could be allocated to the projects.
2. A brief description of the firm’s related experience and individuals’ experience in developing design financing and design plans for these types of projects, construction cost estimates, and familiarity with LGIF program, multi-use trails, revitalization and economic development.
3. Experience with LGIF planning and funding success.
4. Experience with Economic Development and multi-use trail planning and success.
Offerors are invited to submit RFQ statements to be received not later than 10 a.m. October 7, 2014. An original and one (1) copy should be submitted to:
Susan Crotty, CEcD
Manager of Industrial and Community Development
City of St. Marys
101 East Spring Street
St. Marys, Ohio 45885